How does Sound Foundations Work?
- The basic skills; recognising letters, blending the sounds together and taking them apart, are taught until they are automatic so that more complex skills can be built on a sound foundation.
- Systematic, carefully structured over-learning and plenty of practice ensure that even children with serious learning disabilities make progress and retain what they have learned.
- Multi-sensory exercises give additional reinforcement and make lessons more varied.
- Sound Foundations is easy to use—there is no need for expensive training or complicated user manuals. All the instructions are in the book and are designed to be jargon-free and easy to follow.
- No lesson planning, no record keeping—you just pick up the book and go.